Sunday, June 13, 2010

Our new pretty lady -- Molly


We are told she is an Australian Cattle Dog mix -- and she certainly has the coloring, but her hair is a bit softer and with a bit of a wave to it, that just adds to her charm.

She is here with us for socialization.  She was scared and skittish at the Humane Society.  But she has settled in here within a day.  Last night she wanted some cuddle time and reassurance, and I let her lay on my lap for a couple of hours.  But today, we very gently told her to stay down, and she has been very content to follow me about and lay at my feet.  She doesn't shy at the cats, or try to interact with them at all. 

I took her for  a walk today and we went around the perimeter of West Side park -- which is hosting the Taste of Champaign today.  She behaved exceedingly well.  She was never skittish a bit, met people easily, never balked, never pulled.  She preferred to stand and watch the BMX racers for awhile before walking past them, but then she proceeded just fine.

I am looking forward to enjoying daily walks with this true sweetheart in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments.