Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Some concern

I took Topaz and Indigo in for their recheck today -- and recieved some worrisome news.  It seems that the Urinary Tract Infection is VERY stubborn and we have brought them back home for THIRD round of Clavimax.  Wow!  These poor kitties.

We had a long conversation about Topaz's problems vomiting, and came to the conclusion to just keep monitoring him.  He continues to gain weight -- I am wondering if they are getting enough exercize closed just in my one room.  But they do seem to dash about it quite well at night.

Another problem is that I was not able to get a urine sample from Indigo this morning.  We assumed that he will need to continue the meds as well as Topaz -- but when I brought him home I thought that I would go ahead and leave him in the crate alone and get a sample from him to verify.  But it is now 11:30 at night and still no urine.  This cannot be good.  He seems healthy in every way though.  He is active, coat shiny, eyes bright, gaining weight (and he doesn't need to) and plenty affectionate.

So come on kitties -- we're doing all we can for you, and now you are really worrying me!  What is the deal here?

1 comment:

  1. The procedure for getting a urine sample is to leave the cat with an empty litter box - no litter. When they urinate, the urine is gathered with a syringe. On closer examination, I believe that Indigo did urinate that night -- but he prefered to use the towell that was laid in the crate for him to lay on, rather than the empty litter box. This is not a behavior that we want to encourage, so we have abandoned gathering a urine sample from him, and he seems to be using the litter box consistently once a gain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments.