Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My first animal friends



I've always loved animals -- and I've always had them with me.  Bo-Bo, pictured in the side bar,  was  a member of the family before I was.  We moved from the country into the city and as every truck load of household goods left, Bo-Bo grew more and more worried.  But when we had him get up in that last load and come with us -- he was one happy dog.  Cindy was my cat -- and my preferred solace.  This picture is when I had the mumps -- but Cindy did not leave me.  Ben was my companion through my teen years.  He and I had many adventures in the pasture behind our house.  And Shawnee was still with me when I married and had my first two babies.


I believe in the value of animal friendships -- not just for the humans but for the animals as well.  It  is one of the main reasons we foster.  Animals do have emotions -- they have a lot of love to give and deserve to have that respected.  We enjoy being able to be a part of the respect that the Humane Society gives.  They are caring people and we see them giving of themseves tremendously to treat these animals with respect and dignity.  There is not a happy ending every time -- because animals are mortal.  Yet there are way more happy endings than there would be without these people there caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments.